| ETYMOS ENSEMBLE | CALL FOR SCORES 2017 |
ETYMOS ENSEMBLE, in collaboration with CLUSTER – Associazione di Compositori, Lucca – Italy, and Sconfinarte Edizioni, is pleased to announce the Call for scores 2017 for solo/chamber works to be included in the upcoming concerts for the Winter Season.
We are seeking composers to submit pieces of any aesthetic direction, for any combination of 1 – 5 performers. Instrumentation other than what is listed below will not be considered:
- Flute (Piccolo, Alto Flute) – one performer
- Oboe (English Horn) – one performer
- Clarinet in Bb (Bass Clarinet in Bb) – one performer
- Vibraphone – one performer
- Live electronics (Softwares: Max/Msp, Pure Data, Logic Pro 9, X, Ableton Live 9 – Hardwares: MacBook pro 13″, Motu 828 mk3 firewire, 2 Mics Rode NT5, 2 Mics SM58, Beringher BCF 2000 – 4 Loudspeakers, 1 analog mixer) – one performer
- € 500,00 (fivehundred/00 Euros) cash prize and recording of the live concert.
- The winner piece will by published by Edizioni Sconfinarte (if is not published by other editions yet)
- The performances of the winning composer will be in November 2017 at the following music seasons:
- “CLUSTER Music Festival 2017”, Lucca, Italy
- “Incontri Musicali a Teatro 2017”, Borgo a Mozzano, Italy
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSIONS
- Applicants may be of any nationality, age, gender, religion and race
- Only one composition may be submitted per composer
- Piece may have already won prizes, performed or recorded
- Maximum length is 10 minutes
- Submission deadline is October 13th, 2017 (23:59 Italian time)
- By submitting to this competition the composer is in agreement with all these rules
- Submission Fee € 25 to
HOW TO APPLY
Email to email@example.com the following material:
- PDF scores (which should clearly show the composers”s name)
- PDF short biography (English or Italian, one page maximum) with contact details
- Live recording (MP3) of the piece is requested but not compulsory (MIDI is not accepted). Please upload it to a streaming site such as Soundcloud, Dropbox, Youtube, Vimeo. You will need to include the link in the body of the email.
- PDF of Fee Payment Receipt
- Luigi Esposito, President of the Jury (Composer, Visual Artist, Sound designer, Performer/Pianist and Writer)
- Antonio Agostini (Composer and Teacher)
- Girolamo Deraco (Composer, Artistic Director of the Etymos Ensemble and CLUSTER)
- Etymos Ensemble (Francesco Gatti, Flutist – Nicola Bimbi, Oboist – Tony Capula, Clarinetist Diego Desole, Percussionist – Alberto Gatti, Sound Designer)
The winner will be announced by email on October 16th, 2017.
Composers must be able to supply parts immediately upon selection.
For any question: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Etymos Ensemble is a modular group of talented musicians with an accomplished professional high-level career. Its Artistic Director and Founder Girolamo Deraco has created the ensemble to perform contemporary music exclusively. The Etymos Ensemble has a well established and prestigious resume with almost ten years of activity since its foundation. Many composers have written music for them, such as Antonio Agostini, Antonio Bellandi, Yohanan Chendler, Luigi Esposito, Alaister Greig, Nick Nelson, Vito Palumbo, and many others.
The Etymos Ensemble collaborates with prestigious theatres and cultural institutions in Italy and abroad and participates in distinguished international contemporary music festivals in Europe and USA (“Bartok plusz Miskolci Operafesztivál”, Miskolc, Hungary – “Multikulturelle Sommerkonsert”, Berlin, Germany – “Victoria International Arts Festival”, Gozo, Malta – “SoundScape Festival”, Maccagno, Italy – USF New Music Festival, Tampa, Florida, USA – “Festival Rebus”, Teatro dal Verme, Milan, Italy, and many others).
The Etymos Ensemble is winner at the Concorso Internazionale Ama Calabria 2014 in the section contemporary music, and it is now group in residence at CLUSTER – Associazione di Compositori, Lucca – Italy.